There will always be more reasons why not to. We might not realise it when everything comes crashing down, sometimes step by step and sometimes all at once. Sometimes it feels as if you will never cement your place in this world, that you will never find your passion, or maybe you know what it is already but the path to get there is a long, slippery and unpredictable journey and it seems the destination is no where in sight. Maybe it is loneliness, perhaps it is loss, or it seems like every door is closed and you’re scrambling to grab the key and all the while time is slipping through your fingers. But there remains much beauty in the world, a horizon of possibilities, and a pulsing, beating life that is waiting for you to live to the fullest.
Thank you, Chizurue, for tagging me for this, and I hope you are okay and I know that you haven’t been here for a while which is worrying to be honest, but I hope from the bottom of my heart that everything is okay.
- Mention the person who nominated you
- List 13 Reasons Why you keep going
- Nominate 10 people
- Display the picture
Here are my 13 reasons that awaken my desire to live:
- Religion: Before anything, I am living this life for my Lord. I trust Him. Let go and let God. I don’t always understand why everything happens, and no matter how much I try to make sense of it all, I know that some things will remain beyond my comprehension. Islam teaches us many beautiful things and it especially teaches us to be kind, empathetic and righteous and how can I not love my religion when it espouses these values? I am not burdened with more than I can handle which means that I must be strong enough to shoulder them. Perhaps there is something in me that has the necessary qualities needed to tackle them. I’ve always felt that the trials that have been placed on me, traumatic though they may be, has made me courageous. Courage to speak out and act when nobody else is, courage to change things, and courage to take a stand. This courage has helped me overcome big and small things from dealing with bullying head-on to even daring to be the first one to volunteer for classes and make calls even though I’m shaking in my boots! Thank you, God. Courage is the quality I value most and courage (and passion) is the compliment I receive the most.
- I have a story to tell and I’m doing it for myself: there are still so many more ways I can share my story and it seems recently that perhaps I have another story to tell. Maybe even more. And it’s not just all for others’ sake, not just for those who are oppressed, silenced and abused. It’s not always just to help others. Sometimes, I have to do it for me, for the little girl who went to the library and saw a palace of dreams, for the little girl who saw a palace of dreams everywhere and not just in books but in life, even when life slung heaps and heaps of rotten dung at her. That little girl believed. I want to make sure she had reason to believe. To quote Daenerys (albeit edited to suit my own self): “Do you know what kept me standing? Faith. Not in myths and legends. In myself.”
- I need to travel: I’ve been to Bangladesh, Wales and France, and that’s about it. I made the most out of all those experiences and I’m so pleased with myself for that. Now, I need to travel to more places be it Greece, New York, Hawaii, Scotland, Amsterdam, and India. I want to immerse myself in various cultures, I want to talk to locals, I want to experience wild adventures, I want to see mountains, and my God, I want to skydive. I want to go to a football match too. There are plenty of things I am still yet to do.
- I am bursting with potential and I am bursting to realise them: I have far too many ideas, ambition, and enthusiasm to let them go to waste. I have so much more to give.
- There will always be more people to help: I am an “innocent until proven guilty” person, and though that might make me naive, I still want to believe. Sometimes, it does get hard to believe the best in people, but the majority of people are good and deserve compassion and my help.
- I have causes to fight for, and to push the envelope: There are so many areas where I can help: childrens’ rights, mental health, feminism, adoption, refugees, to name a few. And I want to contribute to everything. I don’t want to limit myself, I want to help where and when I can. And I want to do it by pushing the envelope, taking a new and fresh approach and not just stick to tired and fruitless ways.
- Game of Thrones: the final season of Game of Thrones releases next year. I need to know if Arya goes west of Westeros and if Sansa will be the Queen of the North. Will Daenerys reign? What happens when Jon and Daenerys find out of their closely shared DNA? Will the love of my life Jaime survive? Will Tyrion be successful as Hand of the Queen? Who is the valonqar? Who is the Prince That Was Promised? Is Azhor Ahai a separate entity? Will Tormund and Brienne get together? Will Tormund be my second boyfriend after Jaime? Does Sam write a book on the Great War? Who will Davos adopt next? Will Gendry and Arya get together? Will the Hound ever smile again? Is Bran high? So many questions!
- I want to collect good deeds like a child collects pennies in their piggy bank, so I can book a ticket to Heaven: need I say more?
- I have so many more pranks to pull and still need a prank buddy: Where are you, Pam Beasley/Holly Flax?
- Dancing: I love to dance, I love to dance, I love to dance! I may not always remember the steps, but I have seen videos of myself dancing aaaaaaaand ‘I like the way I work it, no diggidy.’
- My sister: I love my sister, she is just as goofy as me and is my dual twin! She’s much more introverted, practical and logical whereas I am the complete opposite and we balance each other out. I do enjoy looking after my sister though she gets on my nerves from time to time as siblings usually do. Life is always significantly better when you have siblings… especially sisters. I am sure she will miss me if I was gone.
- My cousins: I have soooo many cousins and share a close relationship with many. One of them has been my best friend since we were children, another is the Cece to my Jessica Day, and the other is a wonderful precious pumpkin pie who must be protected at all costs. And not just because she is a child. But because she is an absolute sweetheart who is just as weird as me.
- My blog and Twitter: I have so much more to write, so many more ideas, so much more fun to experience and I have made some truly amazing friends here as well who have made blogging all the more worthwhile, engaging and exciting! And Twitter? It’s just a hilarious place to be. Everyone gets together and just has a laugh. Most memes come from twitter as well!
I TAG: Maanini, Cade, Crystal, Tam, Jamie, Em, Emma, Kate, Susie, Denny, WW’s, Volare, Saman (I apologise for bending the rules, but I feel like everyone should do such a wonderful tag like this!). And as always, it’s up to you if you want to do the tag and if you do decide to, take your time, we all have our commitments!
Photo & gif credit: Wanelo, Playbuzz
What are your reasons to keep going?
Connect with me: