Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. I have been waiting an excruciatingly long while for the Throwback Tuesday special, so I could list my favourite book quotes. But, in my case, it’s an excellent opportunity to finally be rid of some of the quotes I have screenshot and saved in my quotes album inside my phone gallery. However, my actual favourite quote isn’t in this particular album, but I will include it in #1 anyway because it goes without saying that it is the most romantic quote ever considering I don’t usually care for romance books either. There are a few who have recently become my favourites as well. So, let’s get cracking!
1. Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same. – Wuthering Heights
2. None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are. – The Vampire Lestat
3. It’s not enough to be friendly. You have to be a friend. – Wonder
4. You are all the colours in one, at full brightness. – All The Bright Places
5. Dear heart, you are so unreasonable! First you fall in love then worry about your life. You rob and steal then worry about the law. You profess to be in love and still worry about what people say. – Whispers of the Beloved
6. If people ask you what happened here, tell them the North remembers. Tell them winter came for House Frey. – Okay, so it’s not officially in the books but I’m hoping it’s a matter of time that this legendary quote from Game of Thrones is included in the book. If GRRM ever gets around to it that is.
7. I knew you. Before I met you. I’ve known you my whole life. – Salt.
8. You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You’re on your own. And you know what you know and YOU are the guy who’ll decide where to go. – Oh, The Places You’ll Go
9. I keep my ideals, because in spite of everything I still believe that people are really good at heart. – The Diary of a Young Girl
10. “Sir,” she said, “You are no gentleman!” An apt observation,” he answered airily. “And, you, Miss, are no lady.” – Gone With The Wind
And that’s it! Some of these really tug at my heartstrings, some make me think and reflect and some make me feel inspired.
What are your favourite book quotes? Which quotes did you most enjoy from my list and why? Also, have you read any of these books? Let’s discuss!
Connect with me: