The following post may cause offense to the reader and cause extreme indifference on my part. Please, proceed with caution.
Suffice to say, I’m feeling rather Rhett Butler-y.
Let’s ease you in to this, though.
- Fish, brussels sprouts, mushrooms, olives, mayonnaise, kale, broccoli, cauliflower, coconut, and tomatoes are all delicious. Pizza is over-rated; it’s good but it isn’t the best.
- Four Lions was a dumb film. I did not understand the humour at all, not a single bit. Dark humour is not funny. I only know one other person in the world who didn’t enjoy this film.
- Scarface is better than The Godfather and Goodfellas. The Godfather is insanely slow, and Goodfellas is too fast-paced and insane and that freaks me out because it’s based on a true story. Scarface captured the pursuit of the American Dream extremely well. Consider Scarface the balance.
- Exercising is fun! If you add variety to your workouts and try different types of workouts, it’s far more enjoyable. There are so many to pick from: cardio, functional, Pilates, yoga, dance, etc. Jogging, however, is so boring.
- Cece and Schmidt (New Girl) do not make a lot of sense as a couple. And don’t tell me love doesn’t always make sense. Schmidt just goes on and on about Cece’s beauty, but my brother, she is way more than that. She’s kind, feisty, funny and an AMAZING FRIEND. It wouldn’t hurt to hear Cece described as something other than just “beautiful.” Also, Aly and Winston over Cece and Schmidt… they have a lot of fun together, not just physically.
- Cersei is and has always been the true villain of Game of Thrones. Littlefinger is a close second but he is nowhere near as complex, bewildering, insane and impulsive as Cersei. The show would not be nearly as good without her.
- Just because Khal Drogo wasn’t a cunt to Daenerys doesn’t mean that he wasn’t a cunt at all. He intended on raping the women of Westeros and expected his khalasar to follow suit.
- There is zero chemistry between Jon and Daenerys. I have better chemistry with my neighbour who I never talk to.
- Catelyn Stark deserved better than Ned. She advised Ned not to leave Winterfell, Bran not to climb, to not let Theon go to the Iron Islands and for Rob to keep his oath. She lost her life because of other people’s stupidity. Sure, she was wrong, so unbelievably wrong, to treat Jon the way she did but it’s Game of Thrones and they all have their own respective faults.
- People who hate on Sansa Stark are highly problematic. Especially those who compare her to Margaery, Daenerys and Arya. Margaery came with the power of the Tyrell family, a grandmother ready to murder a king for her, a brother ready to defend her, army, gold and resources. These are all things that the Lannister’s relied on and risked losing by upsetting the Tyrell’s. “Daenerys fell in love with her rapist and Sansa killed hers.” (Saw this on @gaemofthrones via Instagram). And ENOUGH with the sibling rivalry! Would you really, truly enjoy being compared to your sister? Would you respect people who did? No. Siblings do not like this. If someone did this to me and my sister, I legit would want to slap you in the face. Arya would not have survived in Sansa’s position and Sansa would not have survived in Arya’s position. They were both given what they could handle and developed the talents that were best suited to them, Arya her fighting skills and Sansa her diplomacy. Both the pen and the sword have power, and together they make a formidable force. So, stop damn comparing. Jon is stupid, he fell for Ramsay’s trap after Sansa warned him not to, Sansa had to actively persuade Jon to her cause to win back Winterfell and she called in a favour that helped the Starks win back their home. We all wanted the Starks back in Winterfell and she gave it to us so what more do you want??? Those complaining about how her youth doesn’t “excuse” her are plain heartless. She was a child, I don’t care if Arya was a child and learned how to fight, it doesn’t change the fact that Sansa was a child, and a sheltered one at that. Ned died because of Ned. Ned was a grown up and Sansa wasn’t. She made her mistake and she learned from it. I have a young cousin who very much reminds me of Sansa and it makes me so angry to see the hate levelled at Sansa. Cersei, Daenerys and Arya would have acted impulsively if tasked with dealing with Littlefinger. Her caution is her power. She actually knows how to be a good administrator and deal with those under her power. Sansa Stark is AMAZING.
- Indian patriotism borders on the extreme to the point it is already displaying fascist tendencies. Banning Pakistani artists from films? Outrage at Quantico portraying India in a not so great light but cheering films that have an us v the world mentality? India is not the only country in the world. Any dissenting opinion of India is treated with sheer rage so that some citizens must stay quiet and nod along with whichever dose and form of nationalism is prescribed to them. That’s not democracy, it is censorship.
- You’re not “dramatic” just because you don’t put up with other people’s shit. People just don’t like being called out and are happy to accept less than sub-par treatment and you are not like that. Thank God. We need people who call people out. To improve situations, we first need to accept that there is a problem and that is not going to happen by standing by idly as if everything is fine when it is most certainly not.
- “Content isn’t king, popularity is” – creatives edition (from Twitter). In addition, I’ve seen some posts where some people are so afraid to upset others at the risk of losing their popularity that they don’t end up saying anything at all. What exactly do you want me to read then that isn’t already being said? Also, I’ve seen some bloggers literally steal other smaller bloggers opinions and ideas and not give any credit? And I know some say that there are so many opinions swirling around but no mate, I’m talking about the opinion structure following the exact stream of thought. Idc, if they’re small, do the right thing otherwise you so damn small. (I’m not talking specifically about me as an example).
- Salman Khan is a twat. Why aren’t people avoiding Salman Khan’s (Bollywood actor) films? He’s not your bhai, he’s not anybody’s “brother” either. This guy made this rape joke: “When I used to walk out of the ring, after the shoot, I used to feel like a raped woman.” How did this guy get away with killing a man? Salman Khan, please go and follow your own advice and “be human.”
- Surprises are the worst, and that includes surprise parties. What if the person you are throwing it for arrives dressed in a way they’d rather not be dressed for a party in their honour? The bit before the surprise birthday party is sheer mental torture and devastation because it just seems like their loved ones have forgotten about them. That is not nice! Check before with the person a year or months beforehand and gauge what they think of surprises. Some of us like to be prepared.
- People who do not know the arguments put forward by the both parties and just claim that they’re both “stupid” are neither “cool” nor “smart.” It is a merely a case of your argument inconveniencing the person. If you are one of those people, either listen or go away.
- So many people lack self-awareness and attribute traits to themselves that they repeatedly demonstrate that they do not exhibit AT ALL. Listening skills, my ass. I quietly conduct social experiments and weirdly, it is often the people who do not toot their horn who tend to be the good ones and actually listen. It’s not about you when someone is asking for help. Unless relating your experience can be helpful and you can answer what they asked, that is. Otherwise, get lost, for real. Don’t be surprised when people do it back to you… hopefully you’ll learn.
- If you’re both a hypocrite and a liar, people reserve the right to cut you off from their life if you don’t own up and apologise. You are not the kind of puzzle I want to take on for the rest of my life. GIRL/BOY bye.
- Staying neutral when a loved one has done or said something so f***ed up to another loved one is a way to lose both of them. If you don’t stand up to the people you love, you’re not being a good friend because you don’t want them to improve, you’re just showing interest in your own comfort. This is life, it is not comfortable so prepare to be uncomfortable. Truthfully, people stand up for people they love and care about. Immediately. Delays are fatal and are often too little, too late. Act now.
- I highly doubt people care about mental health, it seems like most people say it to just clear their conscience. I hate to say it, but I’m not surprised by the suicide rates. Y’all don’t listen and reach out to people who are suffering with mental health issues so what is even the point? Stop telling suicidal people to reach out… and when they subtly make references, some of you just outright ignore and do not even listen to them. It’s hard for a depressed person to reach out in the first place. Go and actually be there for your loved ones. Check up on them, tell them you love them, buy them gifts here and there, listen and ask the RIGHT questions. If a loved one is depressed or suicidal, especially if they’re suicidal DO NOT LEAVE THEM ALONE. Don’t tell them they need alone time to learn to love themselves and appreciate life. It’s your lack of love by leaving them alone that will contribute to them not loving themselves so explain to me how that makes any sense? I remember one person who when I was feeling emotional, did not leave me alone until I talked, and you know what, that helped because it showed me that I was appreciated, cared for and loved. You do not need to be a mental health professional or a therapist to be there for your loved ones.
- Not all doctors, hospitals and GP’s are good. The NHS’s mental health services are heavily under-funded and many who are suffering from mental health issues are put on wait-lists. You have to FIGHT for help which is moronic because when you’re depressed you’re fighting yourself as it is and struggling, so merely summoning that courage to fight for yourself to receive help sort of defies logic. Recently, whilst speaking to a doctor about a relative who was, at the time, a patient at a hospital, I discovered that they prioritise physical issues over mental health. The doctor explained that in the case where both types of patients missed or were late to their appointments, the patient with a physical illness will be prioritised. I found this quite idiotic because a person with depression and anxiety may struggle to remember their appointments or even get out of bed and go to the doctors. What if this progressed into something worse? It is terrifying.
- Not all teacher deserve raises. Some teachers are straights up twats who belittle their students, do not care at all about them, engage in gossip and the popularity game by becoming cliquey with the popular kids. Teaching is an important job, I expect rigorous examinations that prove they genuinely care about the students. You are a secondary caregiver, they are placed under your responsibility, so they must BE responsible. Sure, teaching as a profession should earn more because of the importance of the job but my point is regarding pay raises.
Do you agree or disagree with my unpopular opinions? Care to debate? The butthurt beware, I don’t care unless your argument has flair. (Lol, how did that happen? I am an undiscovered rapper.)