Major thank you to Mridula @ Dementia’s Diaries for nominating me and for your lovely reasons for nominating me, it brightened my day. Do check her out! Another thank you to one of my faves over @ InAMessyWorld. Check her out, I love that she writes about mental health as well as her personal struggles and victories. Before I continue, you should receive a pingback for this award post, so, I won’t be making my rounds.
What is the Versatile Blogger Award?
This award is given to bloggers as a recognition of their uniqueness, content and individuality and honours bloggers who bring something special to your life every now and then.
It is, also, run by VBA.
- Thank the person who nominated you
- Leave a link to their blog
- Tell us 7 things about yourself
- Nominate 15 bloggers/bloggers you’ve discovered recently or follow regularly
7 Things About Myself
- I’m not a vegetarian or a vegan but I eat a lot of vegetarian and vegan food because they are absolutely delicious. This Ramadan I’ve been eating kisori (ghee, onion, garlic) with chickpea’s, numerous spring rolls which I could eat all day, vegetable samosas, lots of watermelon, and lentil and onion bhaji’s for iftar. Recently, I had Leon restaurants vegan plant burger which I absolutely loved. Café East, based in Roman Road (East London), do amazing quality vegan breakfast. Ping Pong do amazing vegetarian set menus – I especially love their braised chilli aubergine rice pot – which can be delivered via Deliveroo to London and other international locations.
- My neighbour and I, when we were children, once went through my mum’s makeup and ended up applying nail polish on our lips and lipstick on our nails. Suffice to say, my mum was not happy.
- Fruity dessert is the best dessert. Imagine dark chocolate cake with chocolate ganache drizzled on top and then topped by raspberries/strawberries. Blueberry cheesecake is beautiful. Strawberry custard tart by Paul bakery. Vanilla sponge with buttercream topped with strawberries. Caramel tarts do not need anything extra!
- I tend to be a “contagion crier”. If I see someone crying, I try to shield my eyes because I know I’ll end up crying. I remember crying watching Australia’s Next Top Model when a contestant found it difficult to do a shoot because of her anxiety and, as a result, the contestant started crying. I cried so much.
- I once cried in front of 200 people. By the way, I am not ashamed of this. I am human therefore I have emotions.
- Sometimes I sleep opposite the headboard. For some reason it makes it easier for me to fall asleep. Don’t ask why. I wish I knew why too.
- It was recommended that I eat less dessert and junk food. I ate dessert that whole year almost every day and two desserts with snacks in between during many nights in Ramadan. Dessert is my kryptonite.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you
- Share 11 facts about yourself
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger has written for you
- Nominate 11 bloggers
- Create 11 new questions for the nominees to answer
- Let them know that they’ve been nominated
11 Facts About Myself
- My favourite restaurants are Ping Pong and Comptoir Libanais.
- I am trying to stay away from films starring actresses and actors who haven’t apologised for working with Woody Allen, haven’t stopped working him with since it was made public knowledge and/or haven’t donated to the Time’s Up foundation as a form of apology (the latter is lame without the apology tbf).
- Which means I will not be watching Avengers: Infinity War because of the inclusion of an actor/actress who’s continuously defended Woody Allen.
- I take my morals seriously.
- I have a huge crush on Hugh Jackman.
- Sandra Bullock is my favourite Hollywood actress.
- Enough about Hollywood… let’s move on to Bollywood! My favourite actresses (based on personality) are Anushka Sharma, Deepika Padukone, Mahira Khan, Rani Mukherjee and Kareena Kapoor.
- I was part of the street dance club in school and did further Bollywood dance classes outside of college.
- I once spent a week in the former house of a former UK Prime Minister.
- It makes me really sad that I don’t have a prank partner… for some reason, it makes me feel oddly lonely. It’s a thought that I have often. I wish I had someone in my life who has the same idea of fun as me and is as daring as I am.
- I love obstacle courses.
Questions from InAMessyWorld
Tell us a dark secret about you.
I often fantasise about having dragons, so I could save the innocent from evil. In my darkest fantasies, I am not at all merciful to the truly, irredeemable evildoers of the world.
What would you want to invent?
A cure for cancer would be a good start but I’m not scientifically inclined. Perhaps, techniques and methods that would help children come forward against their abusers. Actually, I already have a good idea, but this is an area that needs huge funding as you’ve seen the often lack of initiative in the governments part to actively involve themselves in these matters. It is nice to see mental health awareness for children increase over the years, but the effectiveness of implementation is yet to be seen and we are still not seeing great results if you’ve had the chance to look at the news recently. If you live in the UK and you are looking for ways to get involved, the NSPCC is a great place to start. There are opportunities at ChildLine such as becoming a counsellor and speaking in schools. These two areas are something I would like to get into and it’s really lovely to see that a lot of people do take part. Unfortunately, sometimes due to the somewhat limited availability for interview spaces, even successful candidates may find that it can be a matter of first come, first served. But do stay on the look-out if you are interested!
What is your favourite feature of yourself?
I’m good at generating ideas but I also think I’m decent at problem-solving sometimes. I’m good with printers, oddly enough!
Which would you like to explore: the ocean or space?
Space hands-down. I can’t swim so I will probably feel dizzy being anywhere near a large expanse of water! My last two experiences were not great… both almost resulted in drowning. Although… I think one day the ocean will be good for me.
What’s your favourite time of day?
Sunrise. There’s a special beauty to it… a new day is on the horizon. A healthy balance of seizing the day and planning for the future is good, don’t forget.
Harry Potter or Twilight?
What do you think? Although, I would love to see someone who genuinely loves Twilight more come out in full support for it. Any volunteers? Get your Katniss on.
Do you have any social media for your blog?
I am on social media and I display the links on my blog to them. I used to promote my blog on Twitter when I first opened my blog and then I deactivated Twitter. I will provide links on Twitter and Goodreads one day in the near future… I have a date set in mind because I’m being my own kind of pragmatic.
What age do you want to die?
I am completely with InAMessyWorld on this. When I have accomplished something, possess complete knowledge that I’ve tried my best as a Muslim and made enough of a mark that will continue being a good influence on the duties and moral conscience of people… even a select few, then that’s when I will be happy enough to go. Today is still a good place to start.
I have a yellow long dress (Asian attire) which I love and is on my Instagram. I like bright colours. Another favourite outfit is soon to come… if I just remember that I need to buy the missing piece.
Would you rather know when someone is lying or lie without anyone knowing?
You know what? I’m glad that I’m Muslim because if I wasn’t I might have picked the second just to have some fun with it… the pranks, the pranks! Only for a day though. Otherwise, I can usually tell when someone is lying except for when they’re being sarcastic… although, in fairness, most people are crap liars as they tend to leave a trail of evidence.
Shoutout to one of your favourite blogs.
Lol… are you trying to get me in trouble? The cheek! I’m not picking just one. There are so many blogs I love on here… there are, of course, a few bloggers who I absolutely admire and respect and, personally, consider them my blogger friends, so I have my loyalties to them. So, nope, not upsetting anyone. There’s being truthful and there’s being a total meanie.
Of All the Books in All the Libraries
A Redhead’s Rambling
Forgotten Magic: Imagine Loving
The Memory Rune
Stories from a warped mind
The Other Girl
The Lonely Author
Travels with Callie
Welcome to Realiti
I know there are a few bloggers who I normally tag who haven’t been tagged, just know that I still loves you guys and that I’m trying to tag people who I haven’t tagged before/as much before and some who are fairly new to the blogosphere. For that reason, as there are relatively new people on this tagged list, do check out their posts as they write refreshing and creative content.
You know the drill: no pressure to do the awards, don’t worry about having to explain yourself, guys! If you do accept the award, feel free to decide which award you want to accept or you might decide to do both, it’s up to you.
Connect With Me:
Photo credit: @cafeeastbow (Instagram), Vegan Food UK