- Huge thank you to Suziey Bravo over at Of All the Books in All the Libraries. Book enthusiasts, go check her out. She is an excellent reviewer and downright hilarious to boot!
What is the Mystery Blogger Award?
This award was created by Okoto Enigma to celebrate blogs which captivate, inspire and motivate and their respective bloggers who do it with love, passion and fun.
- Put the award/logo image on your blog
- List the rules
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself and answer the questions provided by your nominator
- Nominate 10-20 people for the award
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice, with one weird or funny question (specify)
- Share a link to your best post(s)
3 Things About Me
- I don’t exactly have OCD but if I move my left hip by just briefly flexing the muscle, then I will need to do it with the right hip too. And I do this until the total amount equals to four to even it out. This applies to various other parts too like shoulders, toes, etc.
- I had an anxiety attack when I was a child because none of my friends were available to go outside and play. I do not like being alone. I love watching TV, but I always prefer it when I can watch it with someone or just have someone in the room to share it with.
- My nostrils flare and my eyes look at different spots in my setting when I talk. I didn’t realise this until I made a video a few weeks ago. It’s pretty hilarious!
My best posts:
1.The Ditch List – The Seven Types Of People You Need To Ditch Stat – this is the post that I worked hardest on, got realest with and had the most fun with. FYI, if I hurt anyone’s feelings who read it… I’m not sorry.
2. Number One Game – on saying no to competing in races you never volunteered to be a part of.
3. 5 Things I Like About Myself Tag – a tag I created on WordPress to promote self-love.
4. The Terrible Guest – I love how poetry can be interpreted in the most different ways according to the individual. I don’t think anyone correctly guessed who the terrible guest is. The Terrible Guest is the depressive episodes for a person with bipolar disorder, mania is included as is normal phases.
- Is there one movie (or TV) adaptation that you liked better than the book it was based on?
I’ve mentioned in The Cliché Book Tag, that I much preferred the film version of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. I would like to add the Pride and Prejudice film adaptation with Keira Knightley to this list. Elizabeth Bennett was everything I envisioned her to be in this version more so than the TV series version. I found the book to be a difficult read and struggled with the writing style which was strange because I had no problem in this regard with other works by Jane Austen.
- When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up? Did it change? What is your dream job now?
I wanted to be an actress for a long time, but I knew that it wouldn’t align with my faith and as I grew older it changed to journalism which, again, the type of journalism I wanted to do (broadcast journalism) didn’t align with my faith either. So, you could say I had a strong desire to be in front of the camera. Now my dream job is author/copywriter and you can see the love of journalism is still strong with my posts that are related to global justice and feminism.
- What are you most proud of? It can be anything, no matter how big or small.
Reporting to the police for issues that are (and now ‘were’) considered taboo in the Muslim community and especially without anyone’s support (at first).
- What book world would you love to live in (besides the wizarding world of Harry Potter)?
First, a thank you is in order to Suziey for excluding HP out of this because it’s too much of an obvious answer that almost renders the question pointless. I would love to live in the Shire in Middle Earth with Sam as my husband. Can you imagine how much fun that would be?
- What would you want your rapper name to be?
My Habbo Hotel name was BootyMa back in secondary school but obviously I don’t want to objectify myself. My MSN name was Princess Tantrum so I’ll go with that or Sophski. Actually, Sophski is a tad more gangster and inspires a little more fear.
Check out my nominees too, it’s very much an eclectic mix of nominees.
My questions for you:
- What is the last book you read that made an impact on you?
- What is the strangest thing you have ever eaten? (Weird)
- Name two things about blogging you love and two things that irritate you.
- Take Buzzfeed’s: Everyone Has a British Food That Matches Their Personality Quiz and post your results, food and description included!
- Recommend a book in one paragraph (3 sentences max)!
Thank you to Suziey once again for the nomination!
(Photo credit: imgur, The Telegraph, Twitter: @ImpracticalJokers, github)