Hey guys, I’ve been nominated for the Versatile Blogger and Liebster Award. As I don’t want to bombard you with too many award posts, I hope I can get away with combining both the awards in one post instead!
Firstly, a huge thanks to LaRonda Moore at soeyewrite! Please check her out as she posts wonderful poetry, haiku’s and motivational posts. Secondly, another huge thanks to Syed Danish at justopinionpost who shares insightful and though-provoking poetry and is just an amazing person!
FYI, for everyone who I’ve tagged for the two awards, it’s up to you if you wish to accept the nomination or not. If you do, feel free to take your time and link it back to me so I can read it. Also, for any future awards nominations I receive, I will be posting them at the end of that respective month.
Versatile Blogger Award
Here are the rules:
- Thank your nominator
- Provide 7 interesting facts about yourself (panics inside)
- Nominate fellow bloggers that rock
7 Interesting Facts About Me
- I’m weirdly good at learning languages. Granted I’ve only studied from beginners to intermediate level but… still! Other than my native and mother tongue, I know three other languages which I will not reveal because a girl wishes to channel her inner Khaleesi one day. (Yes, I’m really serious about this).
- Before I went to university to study, I had not previously heard of feminism so when I finally discovered it, I was initially incredibly sceptical. I hadn’t seen a lot of women standing up for one another, so it was strange to me. But now, I am a staunch feminist.
- In addition to that, my knowledge of mental health was next to nothing except for bipolar disorder which I had discovered from watching Jean Slater on Eastenders. I genuinely didn’t think depression and anxiety even existed, I just thought they were fleeting moments of sadness and anxiousness.
- Social experiments ignite my love of learning about people and how the world works. I’m curious by nature with a passion for experimentation. Human beings are fascinating (occasionally terrible) and I’m on a never-ending educational journey when it comes to learning about us.
- If I ever opened a business, it would definitely be something related to fashion and the style would be fashion-forward and feminine.
- I’m a commitment-phobe… with everything. If anyone or anything tries to tie me down for a long time, alarm bells will start ringing and inside I will panic like a troll has been set loose in the Great Hall at Hogwarts.
- I hardly listen to any western music and when I do latch on to songs it will usually be something that was popular an entire year ago. Bollywood music all the way! In fact, High Heels (Ki and Ka) is playing in the living room right now.
For this award, I nominate:
- Acknowledge the blogger who nominated you
- Answer their questions
- Nominate 11 other bloggers to motivate them
- Ask them 11 questions
- Let them know you have nominated them
Q1: What is the meaning of your blog?
My blog name is Sophia Ismaa Writes. I keep this intentionally broad because it doesn’t restrict what I’m writing about/on. As I said, my blog is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you’re going to get. Nonetheless, I know which topics interest me be it books, insightful quotes, social justice, feminism and the interesting things we experience on a daily basis.
Q2: What is the best quote you ever heard?
Life’s most persistent and urgent question is ‘What are you doing for others?’ – Martin Luther King.
Q3: Who is your ideal philosopher?
Socrates. No question. Even though he questioned a lot. I recently purchased a book on philosophy and, once again, I found myself relating to Socrates. I, too, like to question. Even when I should shut up.
Q4: What do you love to watch: Sci-fi movies or Historical movies?
I’ll be honest with you, my brief foray into Sci-Fi with The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy was unsuccessful and abandoned quickly. In terms of movies, I’m open to pretty much anything as long as it has good content but when I do watch a film in the cinema it is usually Pixar or Dreamworks animations.
Q5: What you think is the best innovation?
Whoever invented the toilet and the flush.
Q6: How many wonders of the world you have visited?
None, unfortunately. A sad fact I sincerely hope to change. I want to travel and experience different cultures, there’s so much more in the world to explore and learn about.
Q7: Best comedy soap (TV series) you ever watched?
It’s a tie between Friends and the Impractical Jokers. Friends is consistently and reliably good. IJ has me laughing to the point where I have tears in my eyes and slapping my thighs and anything I can find.
Q8: Your dream destination to study/job?
Ideally one where I wouldn’t be restricted to just one city/country. Before I started studying Law (in an effort to be ‘practical’), I was actually studying Journalism as I aspired to be a foreign correspondent. Biggest regret. I should have stuck with Journalism as it was right for me.
Q9: What is the name of your best post?
In my opinion, my favourite and best post of mine is First Impressions – Should They Really Count? That post is the most me post on my blog. I also had a lot of interesting conversations in the comments section and I now have more to add in my argument against first impressions. I also wonder what it means for those who love Pride and Prejudice and relate to Elizabeth and yet maintain their belief in first impressions?
Q10: The platform you used to open WordPress?
To read blogs, I use my phone. To write posts, I use my laptop as it has added features that you cannot enjoy using a phone.
Q11: Best actor?
Leonardo DiCaprio – a perfect blend of nuance and powerhouse.
For this award, I nominate:
My questions to the nominees:
- Do you believe in ghosts?
- What is your favourite book?
- What is your favourite film?
- Who is your favourite celebrity and why?
- Who is the most powerful person in your life? (Emphasis on power).
- Favourite song at the moment?
- What is your dream job?
- Describe your worst dinner party (use your imagination!).
- Invent a new word and provide a definition.
- You are rapper who has reached world-wide fame, what is your rapper name?
- Tell us the worst or funniest reason that got you in detention or in trouble.
Thank you once again for the nominations.