- Display the award!
- Thank the person who nominated you and post a link to their blog on your blog.
- Answer the questions they’ve written for you!
- Nominate 8-13 bloggers and give them three questions in the spirit of sharing love and solidarity within our blogging family!
A huge thanks to Chizurue for the nomination! She’s an avid anime fan, incredibly warm and generous and her logic is impeccable to boot so go and check her out!
Also, check out the wonderful bloggers I’ve nominated below because they contain the traits that I’ve listed in the answer to question two. I absolutely love the questions Chizurue has set so let’s get started:
- What is the first thing you look for in a blog?
I’ve always had a wide variety of interests since a young age, so I don’t want to set a limit or simply follow just one area of interest. I love to read, watch TV, visit museums, galleries, exhibitions, I love fashion, debating, researching psychology, marketing, business and science.
There are some common things I may look for: to be entertained, to learn something new, to discuss and debate. I, especially, love individuality and authenticity… when bloggers aren’t afraid to disagree with popular opinion, are confident, kind and have a voice.
Wait, I love it even more when I see a blogger who not only comes across as kind, but you can see the genuine kindness in their interactions with other bloggers.
Kindness is a popular trait to me.
2. Which anime world or book-verse would you like to be part of?
First of all, I absolutely love this question! You are about to see how very uncool I am when it comes to anime because I am going to pick: The Sailor Moon Universe!!!!
I grew up watching Sailor Moon (my favourite), Yu-Gi-Oh, Beyblade, Pokemon, Digimon and some show with a main character called Felix which I absolutely loved (my second favourite).
Say what you want about Sailor Moon not being serious anime or most of the others, but it was So. Damn. Funny. I think my favourite episode was when Usagi and Chibiusa visited the dentist, I was laughing out loud for a long while.
I want my own Sailor Scout outfit and transformation scene no matter how many time quizzes tell me that I’m Artemis and unlike any of the Scouts even though I really am Artemis. And, erm, have you heard the opening song? Don’t tell me that it’s not catchy!
Also, like most other millennials, I of course want to live in the Harry Potter universe. I want to play Quidditch with Harry and wizard’s chess with Ron, read with Hermione, laugh with Ginny, pull pranks with Fred and George, be confused by Luna and go on a date with Neville. How did you manage to create such a beautiful world, J.K. Rowling?
3. If you should write a story, and you have to use yourself as one of the characters, what kind of character would you like it to be? (Like being a hero or villain? Or the nerd, rebel, girl/boy next door, or whatever type you can think of) Explain why.
I wouldn’t want to be like anybody else but me… perhaps a kinder version because I can be pretty blunt. And choosing myself means a combination of a nerd and a rebel. And hardly ever experiencing boredom. I am no girl next door but if I were to have a love interest it would be the boy next door. Funny, how people work, right? Sometimes we want the opposite of ourselves.
I know it says under the rules that I should nominate only 5 bloggers, but I don’t want to miss anyone out. No pressure to do it and if you do decide to, it’s okay to take your time (I’m somewhat regurgitating Chizurue’s words here). So, here are the nominees:
- A Perspective on Life from a Shy Introvert
- Christopher Lindsay
- The Hejhej Blog
- If you reach an old age, what greatest/funniest moment of yourself (so far) will you share with loved ones?
- If you could switch two fictional/real characters, what switch would lead to the most inappropriate films/anime/books/situation?
- What weird food combinations do you really enjoy or what strange food habits do you have?